Are you a Black professional looking to give back and mentor the next generation of leaders? Or maybe you’re an ally who wants to support Black professionals by sharing your industry knowledge and expertise? Well, listen up because we’ve got something special for you!
Introducing the CULTIVATE Mentorship Program, presented by RBC Future Launch. This program pairs 365 Black professionals, aged 18-39 and residing in Canada, with executives/mentors in the tech and business sector. The goal? To help build more robust career development pathways for Black professionals wishing to access the tech industry.
Benefits of Mentorship for Mentors
- The opportunity to give back and mentor the next generation of leaders
- The chance to help others tackle challenges that you have overcome in the past
- The ability to transfer your valuable knowledge and expertise in soft skills, whether you’re a Black professional or an ally
Mentorship is not just beneficial for mentees; it can also be an enriching experience for mentors.
Glenn Singh, BPTN’s Manager of Customer Success who leads the CULTIVATE Mentorship Program, explains:
“This is the opportunity to give back and mentor the next generation of leaders. You can help others tackle challenges that you have overcome in the past. Transfer your knowledge in soft skills whether you’re a Black professional or an ally. Your experience is valuable. Give back and pay it forward with the CULTIVATE Mentorship Program.“
Who’s Eligible to Become a Mentor?
- Seasoned professionals who are directors, vice-presidents, presidents or any other C-Suite executive
- Any professional background who believes they have value to offer to Black professionals entering the tech field or business field
- Reside in Canada
How does the CULTIVATE Mentorship Program work?
- Applications for mentors opened in January, so get ready to send yours in!
- Once approved, you’ll be placed in a mentorship group with 1-4 mentees.
- There will be six sessions, each one hour long, with topics chosen by BPTN.
- But don’t worry, your commitment to the program is more than just one hour a month. There will be additional tasks you’ll be responsible for.
- The program runs from May 23rd to October 26th, ending with a celebration at BFUTR 2023. But the relationships you’ve cultivated with your mentees can continue well beyond that.
Meet our Manager of Customer Success at Black Professionals In Tech Network
Manager of Customer Success BPTN
Looking to make a difference and give back to the Black professional community? The CULTIVATE Mentorship Program, presented by RBC Future Launch, is looking for seasoned executives and professionals to mentor and guide the next generation of Black leaders in Canada’s tech and business sectors. With the opportunity to transfer valuable knowledge and expertise, this is your chance to pay it forward and supercharge your own career.
Apply now and become a part of building more diverse and inclusive pathways to success!