The eligibility requirements are:
- Obsidi membership and a 100% complete Obsidi profile are required. Join for free HERE.
- Age: 18 years of age and above
- Black-identified individuals who physically reside in Canada and fulfill the following:
- Are legally authorized to work for any employer in Canada.
- Work permits are NOT sponsored by BPTN or partner firms.
- Prior to Day 1 of Obsidi Academy you physically reside and maintain residence in Canada with a commutable travel time of one hour or 50 km to one of the following TD locations.
(DISCLAIMER: Location availability is dependent upon seat availability per location, per cohort.):
- Province of Ontario: London (275 Dundas St.); Ottawa (1595 Telesat Ct, Gloucester.); Toronto (66 Wellington St. West.
- Province of Québec: Montréal (50 Boulevard Cremaize Ouest); or
- Province of Alberta: Calgary (421, 7th Ave SW, Floor 34, 35 & 36) (limited job offers for this location)
- Note: Proof of residence and verification of commuting time/distance is required during the application process.
- Consent to criminal and financial background checks (check yourself here)
- Consent to psychometric assessments.
- Not hold employment or attend other educational/ professional development during the bootcamp and subsequent employment.
- Available to work in a hybrid work environment (upon successful Obsidi Academy graduation and employer onboarding) at least 2 days per week, as per employer workplace policy.
Obsidi Academy acceptance/participation is contingent upon Obsidi Academy seat/space availability per Cohort, city location availability per Cohort, and fulfilling ALL Obsidi Academy requirements, including but not limited to passing psychometric assessments and both a criminal and financial background check.
NOTE: To ensure fairness to all candidates who applied to Obsidi Academy, BPTN does not share the Obsidi Academy assessment criterion data. Please note that Obsidi Academy by BPTN adheres to both the The Personal Information Protection and Electronic Documents Act (PIPEDA) and Canadian Human Rights Act, to ensure all applicants go through the same process and are judged on the same criteria in order to keep the application process fair and objective. Information regarding the assessments is available here.
Employment offer is contingent upon passing both Obsidi Academy and employer requirements, to include but not limited to passing the employer criminal and financial background check.
BPTN and employer (i.e., TD) do not provide sponsorship for Canadian Work Permits.